Starwood Hotels opens St Regis Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi, August 15, 2013
St Regis Hotels & Resorts, part of Starwood Hotels & Resorts, has announced the opening of the St Regis Abu Dhabi featuring 283 rooms, including 55 suites, all offering waterfront views of the Arabian Gulf.
Located on the Corniche in the heart of the UAE capital, the St Regis Abu Dhabi is part of Nation Towers complex and is the third St Regis hotel to open in the Middle East since the brand was introduced to the region in 2011.
“We are excited to offer one-of-a-kind experiences to global travellers and local residents alike, including access to the world’s highest suspended suite, the first Gary Rhodes restaurant in the emirate and the first Hommage Gentleman’s Grooming Atelier in the UAE,” said Oliver Key, general manager, St Regis Abu Dhabi.
Designed by Hirsch Bedner Associates (HBA) together with local designers, the hotel’s understated interiors were inspired by the region’s rich heritage and the St Regis brand’s legacy, a statement said.
The Abu Dhabi Suite is the world’s highest suspended hotel suite – positioned 200 metres above ground between the two towers and offering magnificent panoramic views of the Arabian Gulf, the Corniche and the city skyline.
The 1,085 sq m Abu Dhabi Suite combines contemporary design with a traditional Arabic influence. The opulent suite will feature cascading strands of crystals, 24-carat gold leaf accents, leather wall tiles, jewel-toned velvet upholstered walls and intricate glass mosaic patterns.
The St Regis Abu Dhabi offers eight culinary venues including Rhodes 44, which marks the first restaurant in Abu Dhabi by famed Michelin-starred chef Gary Rhodes, and the iconic St Regis Bar, which follows in the tradition of the St Regis brand’s legendary New York hotel.
The hotel has over 3,000 sq m of leisure facilities, including the indulgent Reméde Spa for ladies, two outdoor swimming pools and the first Hommage Gentleman’s Grooming Atelier in the UAE.
The St Regis Abu Dhabi also offers more than 4,800 sq m of state-of-the-art meeting and event space. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin