Gulf Air to operate from new Chennai terminal
Manama, August 14, 2013
Gulf Air, Bahrain's national carrier, has transferred all its departing and arriving flights from Chennai to the new international Terminal 2 at Chennai's International Airport effective from today (August 14).
The new international terminal, which is located in the existing airport, features all new facilities including check-in desks, duty-free shops, food and beverage outlets and lounges, providing an enhanced and more seamless experience for Gulf Air's customers travelling to and from Chennai, said a report in the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
"We are delighted to have transferred our operations to the new international terminal at Chennai airport," Gulf Air's country manager for India Abdul Hussain Abdul Rahman said.
"The state-of-the-art facilities as well as the variety of duty-free shops and food and beverage outlets will make our passengers' travel experience more enjoyable," he added.
Gulf Air first started flying to Chennai in 1993 and today operates 10 weekly flights between Chennai and Bahrain. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Abu Dhabi Aviation to get latest Bell helicopter
- Gulf Hotels Group plans new spa complex
- Starwood joins hands with Bentley
- Air freight volumes to grow 17pc in 5 years
- DWC-Emaar in golf centre deal
- UAE group to open Seychelles resort
- Gulf Air marks 1m Beirut passengers
- 80 flights cancelled at London airports over fog
- Etihad mulls investment in Alitalia
- 25 countries set for Bahrain airshow