Abu Dhabi plans mega celebrations for Eid
Abu Dhabi, August 4, 2013
Abu Dhabi has planned a host of family activities, star-studded concerts, celebratory shows, attraction activations, night markets and extended mall opening hours as part of the celebrations for the upcoming Eid Al Fitr.
Spearheaded by Abu Dhabi Tourism & Culture Authority (TCA Abu Dhabi), EidFest Abu Dhabi offers a co-ordinated ‘destination festival’ designed to let visitors and residents share in the seasonal celebration.
“Eid is an occasion when visitors and residents alike can come together and share the emirate’s social atmosphere and diverse celebrations,” said Faisal Al Sheikh, director, Events Bureau, TCA Abu Dhabi.
“Our Eidfest Abu Dhabi campaign has evolved into a stone corner activation to promote Abu Dhabi regionally and internationally as a family holiday destination. With wide-ranging family entertainment activities, promotion offers and unilateral stakeholder support, we have built a platform which will appeal to everyone in Abu Dhabi.”
The Eidfest Abu Dhabi line-up encompasses TCA Abu Dhabi’s SummerFest Abu Dhabi promotion, which is anchored by a mega family-friendly hub of edutainment activities, world-class shows and exciting international performances spread over four action-packed halls at Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre (Adnec).
Running until August 17, the festival’s Adnec hub boasts dozens of attractions for kids of all ages, including a Lego Zone, Heritage Arts & Craft Zone, 10-metre Extreme Tower bag jump and Jebel Hafeet - a gigantic, three-storey Obstacle Course.
During Eid, the festival’s 200-seat Show World auditorium will host Scooby-Doo Live! Musical Mysteries from August 7-12. The twice-daily show start at 16:30 and 19:30.
Entrance to Show World is free with a SummerFest Abu Dhabi at Adnec ticket. Entry is Dh40 ($10.65) for adults and Dh20 ($5.35) for under-12s, while kids under two years old enter free.
The annual Ramadan & Eid Festival, which ends on August 10, is also currently running at Adnec. The free-to-enter five-hall fair offers a range of family-centric consumer goods, unique gift items, Arabic food, toys and games, as well as traditional song and dance. Currently open daily from 20:30 to 02:30, opening hours change from 16:00 to midnight during Eid.
Over on Yas Island, three of the Arab world’s brightest musical talents are joining forces for a special, one-night-only Eidfest concert at du Forum on August 10.
The star-studded, fully-seated indoor concert will see Lebanese songstress and revered opera star, Yara, open the show with a hit-laden 45-minute set, before legendary Saudi Arabian Rabeh Saqer takes to stage for a 45-minute bill featuring the biggest musical numbers from his 30-year career.
Finally, UAE superstar Hussain Al Jassmi will perform an hour-long headline set featuring the biggest hits from four best-selling albums.
Also on Yas Island, Ferrari World Abu Dhabi, the world’s largest indoor theme park, will host an event dubbed ‘Light Racers’ from August 9 – 18. The celebration will see three champion acts - last year’s America’s Got Talent finalist, Lightwire Theater; Arab’s Got Talent winner, Khawater Al Dalam; and parkour and hip-hop dance unit, Urban Grunge – perform daily.
Additionally, major malls and shopping centres across Abu Dhabi will extend their opening hours until after midnight to mark the last fortnight of SummerFest Abu Dhabi and Eid Al Fitr celebrations. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog