Moevenpick Makkah names new GM
Makkah, July 31, 2013
Moevenpick Hotel and Residences Hajar Tower Makkah has announced the appointment of Adel Erfan as general manager for the 1,200-room property.
Erfan is tasked with managing all hotel departmental operations as well as enhancing the presence and profile of the hotel.
Egyptian national and holder of a degree from the faculty of education, English department, Erfan has over 32 years of experience within the hospitality industry in the GCC region.
He has spent 18 years with Le Meridien Hotels and then moved to Moevenpick Hotels and Resorts as the general manager at Moevenpick Hotel Qassim. He then moved to Moevenpick Hotel Jeddah, where he delivered significant revenue growth over the last two years.
Musaed Al-Saber, CEO of Hajar Tower Real Estate Company, said "I am delighted to welcome Adel Erfan to Makkah for this high profile management position. His extensive experience, talent and ability to lead productive teams will undoubtedly help us to deliver the high standards and exceptional service guests expect from Moevenpick Hotel Makkah.”
In a career that has covered all sectors and many different markets, Adel's in-depth knowledge of the industry will prove invaluable to Moevenpick Hotel Makkah.
In his new role, Erfan’s responsibilities will include overseeing operations at the hotel, a team of over 600 staff, five F&B venues as well as recruitment, development, training, scheduling and guest satisfaction. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Mideast airlines top global traffic growth in Oct
- Travelport appoints online business head
- Saudi cargo plane veers off runway in Nigeria
- Gulf Air launches loyalty promotion
- Hala Abu Dhabi launches tours, safaris
- Kenya starts work on $654m airport project
- Gulf Air wins top eContent award
- Dubai fund ICD buys landmark Atlantis hotel
- Qatar Airways to launch Dallas/Fort Worth route
- Ritz-Carlton Bahrain appoints new sales chief