Moevenpick Makkah names new GM
Makkah, July 31, 2013
Moevenpick Hotel and Residences Hajar Tower Makkah has announced the appointment of Adel Erfan as general manager for the 1,200-room property.
Erfan is tasked with managing all hotel departmental operations as well as enhancing the presence and profile of the hotel.
Egyptian national and holder of a degree from the faculty of education, English department, Erfan has over 32 years of experience within the hospitality industry in the GCC region.
He has spent 18 years with Le Meridien Hotels and then moved to Moevenpick Hotels and Resorts as the general manager at Moevenpick Hotel Qassim. He then moved to Moevenpick Hotel Jeddah, where he delivered significant revenue growth over the last two years.
Musaed Al-Saber, CEO of Hajar Tower Real Estate Company, said "I am delighted to welcome Adel Erfan to Makkah for this high profile management position. His extensive experience, talent and ability to lead productive teams will undoubtedly help us to deliver the high standards and exceptional service guests expect from Moevenpick Hotel Makkah.”
In a career that has covered all sectors and many different markets, Adel's in-depth knowledge of the industry will prove invaluable to Moevenpick Hotel Makkah.
In his new role, Erfan’s responsibilities will include overseeing operations at the hotel, a team of over 600 staff, five F&B venues as well as recruitment, development, training, scheduling and guest satisfaction. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Iata cuts global airline profit forecast to $18.7bn
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China