Qatar 787 back in air after 10-day outage
Paris, July 31, 2013
A Qatar Airways 787 Dreamliner that was grounded last week amid reports of a problem with an electrical panel resumed flying on Wednesday, web tracking service Flightaware said.
The aircraft, known as A7-BCB, was en route to Frankfurt from Doha after a 10-day grounding, according to the website.
Qatar Airways said it had no immediate comment.
The airline said last week it had taken the Boeing passenger jet out of service temporarily for what it described as a "minor" technical issue.
Two people familiar with the matter, asking not to be identified, said smoke had been reported near an electrical compartment while the jet was on the ground in Doha.
The 787 has suffered a spate of mishaps in recent weeks, including a fire on an Ethiopian Airlines 787 that broke out while the plane was parked at a remote stand at London's Heathrow airport on July 12.
Boeing said last week it stands by the integrity of the aircraft, which was cleared as safe to fly after a three-month worldwide grounding due to battery problems earlier this year. – Reuters
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall
- Dubai hotels welcome 11m guests
- Wyndham signs for 4th hotel in Turkey
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- IFA Hotels unveils fresh brand identity
- Turkish Airlines launches Rotterdam flights
- RJ to operate Amman-Kuwait twice daily
- JCDecaux unveils digital screens at Dubai airport
- EU awaits surge in UAE corporate travellers