Oman Air executives discuss strategies
Muscat, July 31, 2013
Over 30 participants took part in Oman Air’s first management ‘brainstorming’ session recently to develop a strategy and readiness plan for the airline to optimise its new Muscat and Salalah airport operations.
The session was held at the Golden Tulip Hotel Muscat and included chief officers, general, senior managers and other key managers from the carrier.
The new airport at Muscat and the full upgrade at Salalah Airport are due to be completed over the course of 2014.
During the session, senior managers were put through their paces, covering an intense schedule that included technical briefings in advance of the airport openings, said a statement.
Attendees also participated in other wide ranging debates, developed a Swot (strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, threats) analysis, and produced action templates for all staff.
The day was rounded off by analyzing case studies and real life situations that airport staff may face, and how best to resolve them, it added. - TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas