Rotana Jet launches two routes to Dubai
Abu Dhabi, July 28, 2013
UAE-based Rotana Jet has launched two new services connecting Dubai with Abu Dhabi and Sir Bani Yas Island, which will start operations beginning August 1.
For travelers from the capital, flights will operate between Al Bateen Airport in Abu Dhabi and Dubai Terminal Two on Mondays, Thursdays and Saturdays.
“Demand for connecting cities within the UAE has steadily grown, and customers have been requesting a direct connectivity between Abu Dhabi and Dubai and between Dubai and Sir Bani Yas Island for some time now,” said Rajendran Vellapalath, Rotana Jet’s commercial and planning director.
“As a customer-driven airline, we are glad to be the first to facilitate this connectivity, which we believe will create a wide range of new options for the UAE’s tourism and business sectors.”
Passengers will travel on a 50-seat Embraer Jet aircraft, which will also take Dubai-based visitors to Sir Bani Yas Island from Dubai International Airport Terminal Two on the same days as the Abu Dhabi flights.
“Customers travelling between Abu Dhabi and Sir Bani Yas Island from Dubai International Airport will be able to connect to worldwide destinations on flights operating from Dubai Airport,” Vellapalath added.
The Dubai – Sir Bani Yas Island flights will depart Dubai International Airport Terminal Two at 1220 hrs and arrive in Sir Bani Yas Island at 1320 hrs. The return flights, RG 120 will depart Sir Bani Yas Island on Mondays, Thursdays and Saturdays at 1500 hrs and arrive in Dubai International Airport Terminal Two at 1550 hrs.
Ahmed Al Fahim, executive director of Marketing, Communications, Sales and Leasing at UAE’s Tourism Development and Investment Company (RDIC), said: “The launch of the Dubai to Sir Bani Yas flight follows our recent announcement of increased flights by Rotana Jet from Abu Dhabi to the island, reflecting its ever-increasing popularity as an exceptional destination in the UAE.”
“This is also evident with the recent opening of the Anantara Al Yamm Villa Resort - Sir Bani Yas, our latest development on the island.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas