Gulf Hotels H1 net profit rises to $15.6m
Manama, July 23, 2013
Gulf Hotels Group's net profit increased three per cent to BD5.9 million ($15.62m) for the first half of the year, compared with BD5.73 million for the same period last year, a report said.
The group achieved gross operating revenue of BD16.28 million against BD16.47 earlier, according to the report in the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
Chairman Farouk Almoayyed said that the first-half results were as expected.
"After the record profit booked last year, the results are as per the improved expectations even though the business climate remains extremely challenging," he added.
For the second quarter of the year, the company's net profit increased 5.76 per cent to BD3.05 million, compared with BD2.88 million in the same quarter last year.
Chief executive Aqeel Raees said that the upgrading of the hotel's high voltage intake was near completion.
The project is expected to provide the additional power required for future expansion including the new 2,500 sq m top-of-the-range spa.
The planning and design phase of the spa is close to completion and construction is expected to commence later this year with completion expected by early 2015.
"Additionally, the new commercial laundry is expected to be operational very soon, and will make it possible for the hotel's laundry facility to take in larger volumes of business and provide a higher level of service to customers," Raees added.
"The results suggest that almost all the group's divisions showed positive turnaround which indicates that the group has succeeded in overcoming the challenging business climate," he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Iata cuts global airline profit forecast to $18.7bn
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China