Jazeera Airways leads Kuwait-Amman route
Kuwait, July 22, 2013
Kuwait-based Jazeera Airways was the leading airline for the third month in-a-row to serve the Kuwait-Amman route in June, of which it grabbed a 45 per cent market share, it said in a report.
The airline also saw a 22 per cent increase in flown passengers in comparison to the same month last year, according to its June 2013 Operational Performance Report based on official statistics from Kuwait’s Directorate General for Civil Aviation (DGCA).
The report showed that the airline grabbed leading market shares on routes serving Beirut, Amman, Sharm El Sheikh, Assiut, Luxor, Sohag, Dubai and Bahrain.
Jazeera Airways also grabbed the leading market share of 45 per cent on the Kuwait-Beirut route, a 16 per cent increase in market share and had a 42 per cent increase in flown passengers on the route in comparison to the same month last year.
To Dubai and Bahrain, Jazeera Airways grabbed a 16 per cent market share on both routes in June 2013.
Jazeera Airways saw a 10 per cent increase in flown passengers on the Kuwait-Jeddah route as compared to the same month last year. The airline closed the month with a 20 per cent market share on the route, reflecting an increase of 5 per cent from the same month last year.
On routes between Kuwait and Egypt, Jazeera Airways was once again the leading airline serving popular tourist and expat destinations of Sharm El Sheikh, Assiut, Luxor, and Sohag with a 64 per cent, 55 per cent, 73 per cent and 46 per cent market share respectively. The airline saw an increase of 17 per cent in flown passengers on the Kuwait-Sharm El Sheikh route as compared to the same period last year, an 8 per cent increase on the Kuwait-Assiut route, a 12 per cent on the Kuwait-Luxor route, and a 34 per cent increase on the Kuwait-Sohag route.
The airline also saw a 17 per cent increase in flown passengers on the Kuwait-Cairo route in June 2013 compared to the same month last year, and grabbed a 30 per cent market share on the route, a 4 per cent increase in market share from the same time last year. - TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class