Air Seychelles, Etihad expand codeshare to Kuwait
Kuwait, July 18, 2013
Air Seychelles, the national airline of the Republic of Seychelles, has expanded its codeshare partnership with UAE’s Etihad Airways for travel to Kuwait over Abu Dhabi.
The newly added codeshare destination will see Air Seychelles and Etihad Airways offer 10 return flights per week from Kuwait to the Seychelles, including a daily service, said a statement.
Air Seychelles will place its “HM” code on Etihad Airways flights between Kuwait and Abu Dhabi, it said.
Cramer Ball, Air Seychelles CEO, said: "We are thrilled to offer Kuwait to the traveling public, thanks to our equity partner Etihad Airways. Kuwait is one of the richest per capita countries in the world and home to a growing and developing outbound leisure market.Guestscan now purchase flights to Kuwait on one ticket, making for a simpler and more seamless journey."
“Visitor arrivals from the Gulf are up 23 per cent from last year. We are confident these new flights, with sub-two hour connectivity over Abu Dhabi, will stimulate further growth from the region, providing a new source of revenue for the airline as well as the local tourist economy,” Ball added.
“With this latest addition, Air Seychelles now offers codeshare flights to Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Bahrain, Kuwait and Omanfor a collective64connections per week to the Gulf Region, bolstering the visibility of both our national carrier and the Seychelles in one of the fastest growing markets to our archipelago,” said Jöel Morgan, Minister for Home Affairs and Transport and chairman of Air Seychelles. - TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador