Royal Jet to assist Umrah travellers
Abu Dhabi, July 16, 2013
Abu Dhabi-based luxury charter operator Royal Jet is set to provide Umrah travellers its private jet services to Makkah, during Ramadan and the upcoming Eid-Al-Fitr holidays.
Large groups can travel on pilgrimage on its fleet, which includes six Boeing Business Jets (BBJ), which can accommodate up to 52 passengers each, said a statement.
“Families preferably travel for Umrah during the last few days of Ramadan and the Eid holidays which this year coincides with the summer season,” said Fahad Wali, chief commercial officer.
Over the last few years Royal Jet has observed an increasing number of travellers choosing the option to charter private jets for Umrah and Hajj flights, said Wali.
The advantages of using private jets over commercial flights enables customers to choose their preferred flight times, avoiding long queues and time-consuming travel formalities, said the statement.
Travellers can book a flight a few hours before the departure time, get VIP reception at the jet’s terminal and check-in only 15 minutes prior to take off, it said. - TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall
- Dubai hotels welcome 11m guests
- Wyndham signs for 4th hotel in Turkey
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- IFA Hotels unveils fresh brand identity
- Turkish Airlines launches Rotterdam flights
- RJ to operate Amman-Kuwait twice daily
- JCDecaux unveils digital screens at Dubai airport
- EU awaits surge in UAE corporate travellers