Abu Dhabi guest nights up 22.8pc in Q1
Abu Dhabi, July 9, 2013
Abu Dhabi have registered double-digit growth in the guest nights for the first quarter when compared to the same period last year, said a report citing official data.
The hotels in the UAE capital hosted a total of 2.1 million guest nights in the first quarter, up 22.8 per cent compared to the same period last year, reported the WAM news agency citing the The Statistics Centre - Abu Dhabi (SCAD).
The guest numbers at hotel establishments increased by 6.1 per cent over the first quarter compared to last year. The occupancy rate and the average length of stay too grew over the same period by 8 per cent and 15.7 per cent, respectively.
The number of hotel guests grew rose to 631,400 in the first quarter compared to last year with the occupancy rate climbing 73.5 per cent, up 8 per cent year-on-year.
The majority of the guests (84.2 percent) stayed in hotels in the Abu Dhabi area, compared to 11.8 per cent in Al Ain region and 4 per cent in the Al Gharbia region. The average length of stay was 3.57 nights in Abu Dhabi, 2.03 nights in Al Ain and 2.84 nights in the Al Gharbia region, it added.
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall
- Dubai hotels welcome 11m guests
- Wyndham signs for 4th hotel in Turkey
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- IFA Hotels unveils fresh brand identity
- Turkish Airlines launches Rotterdam flights
- RJ to operate Amman-Kuwait twice daily
- JCDecaux unveils digital screens at Dubai airport