AirAsia offers 2m seats in promotion
Sepang, July 7, 2013
AirAsia, the largest low-cost carrier in Asia, will offer two million seats to the airline’s entire network on a new promotion.
AirAsia was recently named the World’s Best Low Cost Carrier for the fifth consecutive year by Skytrax, and to celebrate launched a ‘high-five’ themed campaign with the hashtag #Hi5AirAsia to collect as many high-fives as possible from the public throughout the region.
The two million high-fives that were collected throughout Asia were translated into the number of total promotional seats available for the campaign which begins tomorrow (July 8).
All-in-fares inclusive of taxes and fees start from as low as RM26.05 ($8.30) one way to domestic destinations such as Alor Setar, Langkawi, Penang, Kota Bharu, Kuching and more; while international destinations such as Singapore, Hatyai, Krabi, Surat Thani, Phnom Penh, Bangkok, Bandung, Siem Reap and many more are from RM49.05 one way.
These promotional seats are available for booking online at AirAsia’s website until July 14. Guests will be able to travel from February 10 up to August 5, 2014.
Siegtraund Teh, group chief commercial officer of AirAsia said: “Being named the World’s Best Low Cost Carrier for five consecutive years is indescribable, and there is only one way for us to return the favour to our guests who have supported us and helped us reach where we are today.
“We are glad to have received so many high-fives from our guests throughout the region and do continue tagging us on social media with #Hi5AirAsia, especially if you’ve managed to grab any of the two million promo seats.”
AirAsia X CEO, Azran Osman-Rani said, “Our guests are our most enduring long term competitive advantage. This is our way of thanking our guests, offering affordable fares and product offerings, allowing their travel experience and holiday dreams turn into reality. The greatest reward and luxury of travel is to be able to experience different cultures and find new discoveries; and with AirAsia X, we hope to make that possible!”
The AirAsia BIG Loyalty Programme will also be offering seat redemption from 5 BIG Points one way to selected destinations throughout the AirAsia route network. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas