Regional concierges meet in Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi, July 3, 2013
Les Clefs D’Or United Arab Emirates, the regional chapter of the Union Internationale Des Concierges d’Hotels (UICH), hosted its annual General Assembly in Abu Dhabi, with support from Abu Dhabi Tourism & Culture Authority (TCA Abu Dhabi).
The meeting of members representing four- and five- star properties from the GCC countries under the co-ordination of the Abu Dhabi Concierge Group were addressed by Abu Dhabi’s leading tourism providers during a workshop at the Crowne Plaza Abu Dhabi, said a statement.
It was followed by a visit to Yas Waterworld aqua park, which was recently voted as the leading attraction in the region.
The group, consisting of concierges and front of house staff, was also given an insight into the options available on Yas Island – the Ferrari World Abu Dhabi, Yas Waterworld, Yas Beach and the Yas Express shuttle service that connects all the destinations on the island.
“As the venue for the annual Formula One Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, the Yas Links golf course, a concert venue and six hotels on Yas Island is emerging as an international entertainment hub and through this opportunity, we are confident members will spread the message that there is now so much more to see and do in Abu Dhabi,” added Al Dhaheri.
The group also heard of the array of on-track and behind the scenes experiences at Yas Marina Circuit and the Yas Mall, set to open in March 2014 with 235,000 sq m of floor space, which will be the largest shopping centre in Abu Dhabi.
The 63rd UICH International Congress, a gathering of over 1,000 concierges from the world’s leading hotels, is due to be held in the UAE in 2016, said the statement. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador