Focus on impact of technology on travel
Dubai, July 2, 2013
The impact of technology on the aviation industry and the power that the internet has given consumers in comparing prices was the focus of discussion at a conference in Oman.
The Arab Aviation and Media Summit 2013 was organised by the Air Arabia Group in Salalah recently.
The summit, titled ‘Travelling online – influence of technology and social media on modern travel’, brought together a panel of experts from the technology, tourism and media landscapes for a discussion on the latest trends in aviation and technology and it role in driving competition and consumer demand.
The panel further addressed topics including the impact of social media on travel and the global competitiveness of the region in terms of technology advancement.
"Today’s traveler has taken a leading role in the booking process and is constantly looking for options that will save time, money and the effort that goes into planning and booking a trip," said Antoine Medawar, vice president, Amadeus Mena.
“Undoubtedly, technological innovation is the enabler facilitating online travel bookings and should be deployed to streamline and enhance the consumer experience," he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Mideast airlines top global traffic growth in Oct
- Travelport appoints online business head
- Saudi cargo plane veers off runway in Nigeria
- Gulf Air launches loyalty promotion
- Hala Abu Dhabi launches tours, safaris
- Kenya starts work on $654m airport project
- Gulf Air wins top eContent award
- Dubai fund ICD buys landmark Atlantis hotel
- Qatar Airways to launch Dallas/Fort Worth route
- Ritz-Carlton Bahrain appoints new sales chief