Wyndham opens 307-room hotel in Turkey
Istanbul, July 1, 2013
Wyndham Hotel Group, one of the world’s largest hotel companies with 7,380 hotels, has announced the opening of its new 307-room upscale property in Turkey.
Wyndham Istanbul Petek is the second upscale Wyndham Hotels and Resorts property to open in Turkey in just six months, said a statement from the hospitality group.
The opening adds to Wyndham’s growing presence in Turkey, becoming the 20th property in the country to fly a Wyndham Hotel Group brand flag, it stated.
Currently, the company has properties open and operating under the Wyndham Hotels and Resorts, TRYP by Wyndham and Ramada brands.
The first TRYP by Wyndham hotel opened in Istanbul in December 2012 and the latest addition to the Ramada brand in the country, the 395-room Ramada Resort Antalya Lara, opened its doors this week in the Turkish Riviera, it stated.
In addition to an established midscale and upscale presence, Wyndham announced plans to launch its Super 8 brand in Turkey through an exclusive development agreement with Ilbak Turizm Isletmeleri Ve Yatirim.
A total of 20 Super 8 hotels are expected to open in the country over the next 10 years. With over 2,300 properties, the brand has more hotels than any other economy hotel chain in the world, said the hotel in its statement.
“We are thrilled to welcome yet another stunning Wyndham Hotels and Resorts property in Turkey, a country that is integral to our growth strategy in the region,” remarked Rui Barros, Wyndham Hotel Group’s senior VP and managing director for Europe, Middle East and Africa.
“The popularity of the recently opened Wyndham Istanbul Kalamis Marina has proven there is strong demand for the Wyndham brand in the country. We look forward to working with our partners on opportunities to add more quality hotels here in the years ahead,” he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall
- Dubai hotels welcome 11m guests
- Wyndham signs for 4th hotel in Turkey
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- IFA Hotels unveils fresh brand identity
- Turkish Airlines launches Rotterdam flights
- RJ to operate Amman-Kuwait twice daily
- JCDecaux unveils digital screens at Dubai airport
- EU awaits surge in UAE corporate travellers