British Airways boosts African footprint
Cairo, June 27, 2013
British Airways is set to increase its schedule to Marrakech from daily to 10 flights a week and a third weekly service to Agadir, Morocco from October.
The services will increase to Marrakech from October 28, while the third flight to Agadir will start on October 29. The additional frequencies go on sale immediately, said a statement.
Meanwhile, three additional frequencies to Johannesburg, South Africa were added, in addition to the existing double-daily services. Daily direct flights to Cape Town were also doubled for the summer, it said.
There are more scheduled service expansions to East and Southern Africa, besides flying to Nairobi up to eight flights a week. The acquisition of British Midland International (BMI) from Lufthansa by the airline last year allowed the increase in flights in the region, said a senior official.
“The acquisition of BMI has enabled us to increase our flights in Africa to serve 18 routes in 15 countries. These flights link growing African destinations to London and provide onward connections to the world’s business capitals,” said Ian Petrie, regional commercial manager for Africa.
In addition to this international network, British Airways’ franchise partner, Comair, operates to domestic and regional destinations in South and Southern Africa, flying over 700 departures a week. It recently added Maputo to its regional network, added the statement. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall
- Dubai hotels welcome 11m guests
- Wyndham signs for 4th hotel in Turkey
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- IFA Hotels unveils fresh brand identity
- Turkish Airlines launches Rotterdam flights