Etihad boosts Sao Paulo service to daily
Abu Dhabi, June 25, 2013
Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates (UAE), will increase its Abu Dhabi-Sao Paulo service from three flights per week to a daily schedule from August 1.
Etihad Airways launched flights to Sao Paulo, its first destination in South America, earlier this month.
The additional flights build on the success of the existing service, driven by the demand from business and leisure travellers and will strengthen the already strong ties between Brazil and the UAE.
The daily service will increase to 3,360 the number of seats per week between Abu Dhabi and Sao Paulo and significantly improve convenience in flying with Etihad Airways.
Guests travelling from Sao Paulo can connect to over 350 flights per week beyond Abu Dhabi to destinations across the Arabian Gulf, North Africa and the Levant, as well as further east in China, Japan and across Asia.
The airline will continue to operate ultra-long range Airbus A340-500 aircraft on the route, seating 240 passengers in a spacious three-class cabin – 12 in Diamond First Class, 28 in Pearl Business Class, and 200 in Coral Economy Class. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall
- Dubai hotels welcome 11m guests
- Wyndham signs for 4th hotel in Turkey
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- IFA Hotels unveils fresh brand identity
- Turkish Airlines launches Rotterdam flights
- RJ to operate Amman-Kuwait twice daily
- JCDecaux unveils digital screens at Dubai airport
- EU awaits surge in UAE corporate travellers