Etihad boosts Sao Paulo service to daily
Abu Dhabi, June 25, 2013
Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates (UAE), will increase its Abu Dhabi-Sao Paulo service from three flights per week to a daily schedule from August 1.
Etihad Airways launched flights to Sao Paulo, its first destination in South America, earlier this month.
The additional flights build on the success of the existing service, driven by the demand from business and leisure travellers and will strengthen the already strong ties between Brazil and the UAE.
The daily service will increase to 3,360 the number of seats per week between Abu Dhabi and Sao Paulo and significantly improve convenience in flying with Etihad Airways.
Guests travelling from Sao Paulo can connect to over 350 flights per week beyond Abu Dhabi to destinations across the Arabian Gulf, North Africa and the Levant, as well as further east in China, Japan and across Asia.
The airline will continue to operate ultra-long range Airbus A340-500 aircraft on the route, seating 240 passengers in a spacious three-class cabin – 12 in Diamond First Class, 28 in Pearl Business Class, and 200 in Coral Economy Class. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- 25 countries set for Bahrain airshow
- Air Arabia launches all new website
- Abu Dhabi plans permanent cruise terminal
- ME to top global air passenger demand
- Britain eases visas rules for Emiratis
- Travelport-Hertz workshops update travel firms
- Airbus confirms $4.4bn Kuwait Airways order
- Emirates names key commercial ops official
- Bahrain airport parking is streamlined
- Etihad announces new appointments