Marriott, Amex launch summer promotion
Dubai, June 24, 2013
Marriott International and American Express (Amex) Middle East have launched a summer promotion campaign that offers Amex cardmembers benefits at 88 Marriott properties across the Middle East, Africa, Europe and Asia.
Under the terms of the campaign, Amex cardmembers will be eligible for three nights stay for the price of two at any Marriott hotel participating in the promotion.
Additionally, cardmembers can avail complimentary and unlimited internet access, 20 per cent off on hotel food and beverages, and complimentary food for children under 12. The promotion also offers complementary access to pools and gym facilities as well as savings of 20 per cent on spa treatments or massages.
The three-month ‘Be Free with Marriott and American Express’ campaign runs from June 14 to September 13, and is available on bookings made with all American Express cards, including consumer and corporate cards across the global network.
“Our 2013 Summer Promotion is an extension of this ethos, and will enable many cardmembers across the Middle East to get more from their holiday, whether they stay in the region or venture further afield,” said Usman Arif – VP, Merchant Partnership, American Express.
“We are pleased to partner with Marriott International this summer to offer cardmembers exclusive benefits that not only enrich their lifestyles but also showcase American Express cards as a preferred payment option.”
Mark Satterfield, chief operating officer, Marriott International Middle East & Africa, said: "Marriott customers are savvy, enjoy luxury and appreciate great value. We have 43 properties in the region, and our business could never succeed without the thousands of loyal customers we regularly welcome back to our hotels across the Middle East and Africa.
“We continuously look for opportunities to allow our guests continued enjoyment of our world class locations, food, beverages and service for a little less. We are delighted to be working with American Express Middle East to do just that."
The 88 participating hotels from Marriott International’s portfolio include JW Marriott Hotels, Renaissance Hotels, Marriott Hotels & Resorts, Courtyard by Marriott, Residence Inn by Marriott and Marriott Executive Apartments.
Located across the UAE, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain and Oman, 23 of these hotels are located in the Middle East, and will encourage inbound travellers to the region.
Others include seven in Africa – Egypt and Algeria; 45 in Asia – Beijing, Tianjin, Suzhou and Shanghai in China and Hong Kong; and 13 in Europe – Belgium, France, Portugal and Greece. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall