Turkish Airlines named best European carrier
Paris, June 23, 2013
Turkish Airlines said it has won the ‘Best Airline in Europe’ honour for the third year running, at the 2013 Skytrax World Airline Awards, held on the sidelines of the Paris Air Show.
The airline was also presented with the ‘Best Airline in Southern Europe’ and the ‘Best Business Class Catering’ awards.
After receiving the awards, CEO Temel Kotil said: “Turkish Airlines continues to consolidate its position as one of the world's leading airlines by investments made in recent years, the awards received, impressive growth figures, large-scale aircraft orders and continuously expanding route network.”
Assessing over 238 airlines and 148 airports based on passenger input, Skytrax publishes and ranks aviation providers based on these submissions.
The survey was conducted over a 10-month period and over 100 nationalities participated. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- GCC takes on the Caribbean in big cruise tourism war
- Etihad finace head wins top award
- Turkish Airlines boosts Africa network
- New Holiday Inn hotel opens in Mauritius
- Abu Dhabi Aviation to get latest Bell helicopter
- Gulf Hotels Group plans new spa complex
- Starwood joins hands with Bentley
- Air freight volumes to grow 17pc in 5 years
- DWC-Emaar in golf centre deal
- UAE group to open Seychelles resort