BA unveils special 3-day Saudi offer
Riyadh, June 20, 2013
British Airways has announced a major ‘Weekend Savers’ promotion in Saudi Arabia offering 50 per cent discount on its London tickets starting from today (June 20) to June 22.
Under this special offer, the British carrier has slashed its fares from Saudi Arabia to London by nearly 50 percent in First and Club World for bookings made during the next two days with other great fares available in World Traveller Plus and World Traveller.
From Riyadh, the fares start from SR2,385 ($636) in World Traveller, SR3,490 in World Traveller Plus, SR6,290 in Club World and SR13,320 in First. Flights from Jeddah start from SR2,385 in World Traveller, SR3,490 in World Traveller Plus, and SR6,243 in Club World.
London is one of Saudi Arabia’s favourite tourist destinations during the summer due to its moderate climate and geographical proximity to several major European cities.
The British Tourism Authority, Visit Britain, recently announced that the country welcomed about 500 thousand visitors from the Gulf countries in 2012, where Saudi Arabia ranked second with 180 thousand visitors during the year. 2013 is expected to see an even higher number of travellers from the Saudi market, with the past five years having seen an increase of 60 per cent.
In line with customer demand for the summer season, British Airways has recently made changes to its Saudi service.
In Riyadh, the airline has moved to a daily 747 aircraft on the route and introduced a new schedule, increasing the capacity on the route by more than 1000 seats per week. Operations to Jeddah King Abdulaziz International Airport have also increased to daily.
Paolo De Renzis, the area commercial manager, Middle East and Central Asia, said: “London is expecting to see an exceptional summer season this year, with an influx of Gulf tourism led by Saudi Arabia. In order to welcome Saudi visitors to London, we are offering these special fares, so that travellers can have an easy, convenient way to fly while enjoying the best of British hospitality.”
"Travellers can explore London with British Airways’ special fares, reduced especially for the Saudi market. The promotion is valid across all four cabin classes for a limited time by booking this weekend," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall
- Dubai hotels welcome 11m guests
- Wyndham signs for 4th hotel in Turkey
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- IFA Hotels unveils fresh brand identity
- Turkish Airlines launches Rotterdam flights
- RJ to operate Amman-Kuwait twice daily
- JCDecaux unveils digital screens at Dubai airport
- EU awaits surge in UAE corporate travellers