Travelstart Egypt sees 15pc repeat customers
Cairo, June 20, 2013
Travelstart.com, a leading online travel agency, has seen more than 15 per cent repeat customers to its Egypt site during 2013, claiming the third highest visitor traffic among its country portals, said a top official.
“Egyptian visitors enjoy the ability to search and book flights, hotels and hire cars in minutes and the flexibility of multiple payment options that ensure Travelstart can cater to the needs of each traveler,” added Ahmed Saad, Travelstart country manager for Egypt.
“We are also looking at partnering with some of Egypt’s finest travel companies to ensure that inbound travelers to Egypt can also enjoy the finest experiences at greatly discounted prices.”
Travelstart.com, which has announced the official launch of its commercial operations in Egypt, began its operation in the North African country in January 2012 to cater to the growing population of Internet-savvy bargain hunters who are relying on the web to secure the best flight, hotel and car rental deals.
“Travelstart is the first fully integrated online travel agency in Egypt and offers users unsurpassed simplicity, choice and flexibility to customize their travel itinerary the way they want, as if they are their own travel agent, while benefiting from the incredible discounts and offers that are exclusive to Travelstart,” added Saad.
“Following the launch of our Turkey operation in late 2012, we knew that Egypt was going to be a strategic market for us considering its location in the North Africa region and the rising trend for exotic holiday destinations by Egyptian travelers,” said Stephan Ekbergh, owner and founder of Travelstart.
“Having expanded rapidly throughout the African continent, we wanted to be the first full integrated online travel agency in each market to cater to both consumers and travel businesses as well. Our goal is to become a global online travel leader and Egypt was a logical next step for us in this initiative.”
Travelstart simplifies the way people search for and book the best travel deals. When searching for flights for example, users get results from all the major and low-cost carriers displayed in one dashboard view so they can compare prices, he added.
Search results can be refined and customized which include choosing departure times, direct flights or multiple stops.
Travelstart already maintains a local team of highly trained travel professionals in Egypt with over 27 years of accumulated international experience, said Maija de Rijk-Uys, head of New Markets at Travelstart.
“In addition to a superior online experience, Travelstart.com.eg also provides access to professional travel advisors who can assist with phone bookings, and customers can even get personalized service by visiting Travelstart’s Cairo office,” said de Rijk-Uys.
“Over one million people visit Travelstart's global websites each month and hundreds of staff throughout Africa and the Middle East work directly with supply partners in local markets.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class