Bank Nizwa, Bahwan in travel finance tie-up
Muscat, June 20, 2013
Bank Nizwa, a leading Islamic bank in Oman, recently signed a memorandum of understanding with Bahwan Travel Agencies (BTA) towards offering a Sharia compliant travel finance solution.
Customers can avail of the offer on holiday tickets to many destinations to a value equal to or in excess of RO2,500 ($6,475), a statement said.
Tariq Al Farsi, GM Retail, Bank Nizwa said: “With the holy month of Ramadan approaching many of our customers are preparing to go for Umrah. We are delighted to have partnered with BTA to make financing this trip a little easier.
“The world is an exciting place and we hope to make it a little bit more accessible to both our customers and the customers of BTA. It has never been easier for customers to jet off to their destination of choice.”
Shankar Bose, GM, Bahwan Travel Agencies, said: “We are both leaders in our field, dedicated to providing our customers with quality services. Together, we will ensure that the people of Oman have access to quality holidays which are Sharia compliant.”
Customers can book their holiday quickly and conveniently by filling out a personal finance application form and presenting it to Bank Nizwa along with a quotation from BTA with the amount of the travel package required, the statement said.
Once approved, the bank will purchase the package on the customers’ behalf and Bank Nizwa will offer its customers special rates on all services utilised from BTA. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- GCC takes on the Caribbean in big cruise tourism war
- Etihad finace head wins top award
- Turkish Airlines boosts Africa network
- New Holiday Inn hotel opens in Mauritius
- Abu Dhabi Aviation to get latest Bell helicopter
- Gulf Hotels Group plans new spa complex
- Starwood joins hands with Bentley
- Air freight volumes to grow 17pc in 5 years
- DWC-Emaar in golf centre deal
- UAE group to open Seychelles resort