Emirates extends Arabic programmes
Dubai, June 13, 2013
Emirates revealed an extended range of Arabic programming on its ice Digital Widescreen inflight entertainment system, from July.
The added content represents an increase of 50 per cent movie content and a near doubling of TV content compared to the same period in 2012.
The programming is continually refreshed so that frequent travellers can expect to see around a third of the content updated every month.
Content highlights include the popular satirical series Boqaat Dhaw, Ramadan Mat Jo return to keep our younger passengers entertained and two complete 30-part TV series, Znoud El Sit Season 2 and Ahla Al Ayam, will feature in August.
The variety of entertainment includes over 30 Arabic new release and classic movies, 150 hours of TV and more than 50 Arabic music and podcast options, as well as channels dedicated to classical Arabic, Arab Beat, Rai, Khaleejeyah, Popular Arabic and podcasts.
“Emirates recognises that excellent and varied inflight entertainment is important to our passengers and we always strive to deliver the very best content available”, said Patrick Brannelly, vice president of product, publishing, digital and events, Emirates.
Emirates will also launch a new selection of Bollywood hits dubbed into Arabic. - TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- 80 flights cancelled at London airports over fog
- Etihad mulls investment in Alitalia
- 25 countries set for Bahrain airshow
- Air Arabia launches all new website
- Abu Dhabi plans permanent cruise terminal
- ME to top global air passenger demand
- Britain eases visas rules for Emiratis
- Travelport-Hertz workshops update travel firms
- Airbus confirms $4.4bn Kuwait Airways order
- Emirates names key commercial ops official