Etihad to fly daily to Sao Paulo
Abu Dhabi, June 13, 2013
Etihad Airways, UAE's national airline, which launched flights three times a week to Brazil this month, plans to operate daily flights to the destination from October 27.
The airline now connects Brazil-based air travellers, via Abu Dhabi, with popular destinations across the Arabian Gulf, North Africa and the Levant, as well as further east in China and Japan and across Asia, said a statement.
“Our services to Sao Paulo provide the first direct air link between the commercial centres of Sao Paulo and Abu Dhabi, which support the growing economic, tourism and trade relations between Brazil and the UAE," said James Hogan, president and CEO.
Sultan Rashed Al Kaitoob, UAE Ambassador to Brazil, said: “These direct flights by Etihad Airways will create new opportunities for government, trade and tourism between both countries to develop and flourish.”
“Brazil is one of the fastest growing economies of the world and offers a wide array of opportunities for trade and investment. It is also currently the UAE’s 17th largest trading partner with bilateral trade between the two countries valued at US$2.85 billion and both governments hope to increase this to US$10 billion within five years.”
Etihad Cargo’s new round-the-world freighter routing, in conjunction with Atlas Air Worldwide, includes the Brazilian city of Viracopos. - TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall