Oberoi opens its first hotel in UAE
Dubai, June 11, 2013
The Oberoi Group, a global hospitality company, has announced the opening of The Oberoi, Dubai, a contemporary luxury hotel which will be the Group's first property in the United Arab Emirates.
Located at The Oberoi Centre, the hotel overlooks the iconic Burj Khalifa and each of the 252 rooms and suites have floor to ceiling windows which afford spectacular views of the city's skyline. The hotel enjoys a central location and is a few minutes’ drive from downtown Dubai and the Dubai Mall.
"We are pleased to present The Oberoi, Dubai which offers the highest standards of luxury and hospitality. The opening of the hotel is significant for us. A number of Oberoi Hotels have been consistently recognised as amongst the best in the world. I am confident that The Oberoi, Dubai will continue this tradition." said PRS Oberoi, executive chairman of The Oberoi Group.
Karim Bizid, general manager of The Oberoi, Dubai added: "With the opening of The Oberoi, Dubai we offer discerning business and leisure travellers an oasis of tranquility with service which is warm, caring and personalised.”
Service at The Oberoi, Dubai is provided by key team members who have been trained at The Oberoi Centre of Learning and Development. The Oberoi, Dubai will have seamless in-room check in, 24-hour butler and Les Clefs d'Or concierge services.
The hotel features Umai, a contemporary Pan Asian restaurant, Nine7One, an all day dining restaurant, which offers the best of world cuisine and Ananta, an Indian speciality restaurant.
The Oberoi Group, which was founded in 1934, presently operates 30 five star hotels, a Nile cruiser and five-star Trident brands in several countries. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn