Hilton Luxor wins top award for food, safety
Cairo, June 10, 2013
Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa has beaten competition from more than 1000 hotels across 41 countries to clinch the 2012 eCristal Global Award, a major hospitality accolade for food and safety standards.
The eCristal Global Award is presented to the hotel which has clearly demonstrated the highest standards as part of the eCristal Food Safety Program in maintaining excellence across a range of stringent criteria.
The standards comply with eCristal guidelines as well as Federation of Tour Operators FTO Internationally recognized standards, the WHO advisory committee and in line with the ISO 22000 principles.
“At Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa we believe each guest should leave as a true ambassador for our resort and this includes maintaining our reputation for all hotel operations, particularly hygiene, food safety and cleanliness.” said Christoph Schleissing, general manager, Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa.
“I would like to express my gratitude to eCristal for being such a valued partner of ours in the hospitality industry and most importantly, for the tireless work by my hotel team members who do everything possible to make guest stays as enjoyable as possible.”
Magdy Azmy, country manager of Check Safety First, along with the eCristal Luxor team visited Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa to present the global award to Christoph Schleissing and the Luxor team.
Azmy acknowledged the great achievement of the hotel in winning the award ahead of over 1,300 worldwide hotels and the pride he felt, knowing the award was won by a hotel in Egypt.
eCristal is a subsidiary of Check Safety First, a service which audits food safety in hotels on a frequent, often monthly basis. The hotel needs to pass 250 control points, by a professional auditor to be included on the webpage. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas