Dubai summer gala kicks off
Dubai, June 7, 2013
The 16th edition of Dubai Summer Surprises (DSS) campaign kicked off today, featuring big promotions at participating shopping malls, prizes worth $1.36 million and family-oriented entertainment, to run for the next 32 days.
Organised by Dubai Festivals and Retail Establishment (DFRE), an agency of the Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing (DTCM), DSS is the first instalment of three-month long Summer is Dubai campaign, said a report in the Gulf News.
The calendar of the DSS also includes Ramadan in Dubai and Eid in Dubai. Modhesh World, a major indoor theme park in the region, Kids Fashion Week, mall shows, theatrical presentations and concerts, among others form the agenda for the extravaganza.
“The success of Dubai in the summer shows the powerful attraction of Dubai as a truly year-round visitor destination,” Shaikh Ahmad Bin Saeed Al Maktoum, resident of Dubai Civil Aviation, chairman and CEO of Emirates airline and Group and Chairman of Dubai World was quoted in the report.
“We know that promoting Dubai in the summer has traditionally raised a few eyebrows and seen a skeptical response from some people. Indeed for some, it is almost as unusual as promoting the North Pole as a winter destination. But that is the beauty of Dubai: its ability to redefine what the word ‘impossible’ means,” he added. - TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- 25 countries set for Bahrain airshow
- Air Arabia launches all new website
- Abu Dhabi plans permanent cruise terminal
- ME to top global air passenger demand
- Britain eases visas rules for Emiratis
- Travelport-Hertz workshops update travel firms
- Airbus confirms $4.4bn Kuwait Airways order
- Emirates names key commercial ops official
- Bahrain airport parking is streamlined
- Etihad announces new appointments