Dubai summer gala kicks off
Dubai, June 7, 2013
The 16th edition of Dubai Summer Surprises (DSS) campaign kicked off today, featuring big promotions at participating shopping malls, prizes worth $1.36 million and family-oriented entertainment, to run for the next 32 days.
Organised by Dubai Festivals and Retail Establishment (DFRE), an agency of the Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing (DTCM), DSS is the first instalment of three-month long Summer is Dubai campaign, said a report in the Gulf News.
The calendar of the DSS also includes Ramadan in Dubai and Eid in Dubai. Modhesh World, a major indoor theme park in the region, Kids Fashion Week, mall shows, theatrical presentations and concerts, among others form the agenda for the extravaganza.
“The success of Dubai in the summer shows the powerful attraction of Dubai as a truly year-round visitor destination,” Shaikh Ahmad Bin Saeed Al Maktoum, resident of Dubai Civil Aviation, chairman and CEO of Emirates airline and Group and Chairman of Dubai World was quoted in the report.
“We know that promoting Dubai in the summer has traditionally raised a few eyebrows and seen a skeptical response from some people. Indeed for some, it is almost as unusual as promoting the North Pole as a winter destination. But that is the beauty of Dubai: its ability to redefine what the word ‘impossible’ means,” he added. - TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall
- Dubai hotels welcome 11m guests
- Wyndham signs for 4th hotel in Turkey
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- IFA Hotels unveils fresh brand identity
- Turkish Airlines launches Rotterdam flights
- RJ to operate Amman-Kuwait twice daily
- JCDecaux unveils digital screens at Dubai airport
- EU awaits surge in UAE corporate travellers