Qatar Airways to host next Iata AGM
Cape Town, June 4, 2013
Qatar Airways will host the 70th International Air Transport Association (Iata) Annual General Meeting (AGM) and World Air Transport Summit in Doha next year.
The event will draw the top leadership of the air transport industry to the country from June 1 to 3, 2014.
The Iata members accepted the invitation from Qatar Airways, at the close of the 69th Iata AGM, held in Cape Town this week.
“Qatar will be a fantastic location for the 70th Iata AGM. It is at the heart of the fast-growing and dynamic Middle East region. The government understands the power of aviation to drive economic growth and development. And the country’s approach to aviation is a beacon for our industry,” said Tony Tyler, Iata's director general and CEO.
This will be the fourth time that the Iata AGM will be hosted in the Middle East following AGMs in Amman, Jordan (1997), Tehran, Iran (1970) and Cairo, Egypt (1946). - TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas