Etihad appoints new GM for Canada
Abu Dhabi, June 3, 2013
Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates, has appointed James Harrison as its new general manager for Canada.
In his new role, Harrison will be based in Toronto, where he will be responsible for driving sales and further growing strong relationships with the airline’s trade and corporate partners.
Harrison most recently served as Etihad Airways’ global account manager for American Express, based in London.
Peter Baumgartner, Etihad Airways chief commercial officer, said: “James has a wealth of experience in the travel industry and extensive knowledge of the corporate sector which will serve Etihad Airways well in Canada. With the recent announcement of our commercial co-operation agreement with Air Canada, now is an important time to strongly support the partnership and jointly develop the most seamless and convenient offering for travel between Canada, the UAE and beyond.”
Etihad Airways currently operates three flights per week to Abu Dhabi out of Toronto.
Harrison replaces Justin Gosling, who has taken up the position of general manager Commercial at equity alliance partner Air Seychelles. This move is part of a five-year management contract with Air Seychelles, in which Etihad Airways also has a 40 per cent equity stake.
Gosling worked with Etihad Airways in Canada for four years. He previously spent 20 years at Lufthansa in the UK, in North America with HRG Travel and as country manager Canada for Jet Airways. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall
- Dubai hotels welcome 11m guests
- Wyndham signs for 4th hotel in Turkey
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- IFA Hotels unveils fresh brand identity
- Turkish Airlines launches Rotterdam flights
- RJ to operate Amman-Kuwait twice daily
- JCDecaux unveils digital screens at Dubai airport