Kingdom Holding sells $40m Mauritius hotel stake
Riyadh, June 1, 2013
Saudi Arabia's Kingdom Holding Company has sold its interest in the Movenpick Resort and Spa Mauritius hotel for SR150 million ($40 million), it said in a bourse statement on Saturday.
Its stake was bought by Hawaii-based Outrigger Hotels and Resorts, it said.
Kingdom Holding, the investment vehicle for billionaire Prince Alwaleed, will sell 20-30 hotels in the next two years while retaining ownership of its stake in major hotel management companies and in specific high-end hotels, Alwaleed told Reuters last month.-Reuters
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- 80 flights cancelled at London airports over fog
- Etihad mulls investment in Alitalia
- 25 countries set for Bahrain airshow
- Air Arabia launches all new website
- Abu Dhabi plans permanent cruise terminal
- ME to top global air passenger demand
- Britain eases visas rules for Emiratis
- Travelport-Hertz workshops update travel firms
- Airbus confirms $4.4bn Kuwait Airways order
- Emirates names key commercial ops official