Emirates Palace Abu Dhabi names new GM
Abu Dhabi, May 30, 2013
Emirates Palace Abu Dhabi, a Kempinski hotel, has named Holger Schroth as its new general manager.
He will be replacing Bugra Berberoglu, who is leaving to take up his new post as deputy vice president of Kempinski for the Middle East, Africa and Asia in Dubai.
Saif Saeed Gobash, chief operating officer at Abu Dhabi Media, paid tributes to Emirates Palace, which he said is one of Abu Dhabi’s hallmarks and iconic aspects at a reception held to welcome the new general manager.
He also referred to the hotel’s contribution to stimulating tourism in the emirate, adding that the sector is witnessing an upsurge in Abu Dhabi and the entire UAE. He also paid tributes to the role played by Berberoglu in upgrading services and developing the hotel, one of the largest in the region.
Berberoglu said he was satisfied with what he has achieved over the past two years, adding that Emirates Palace is now one of the most important and “profitable” hotels managed by Kempinski worldwide.
“The last two years were the most important and vital years in my career given the high status enjoyed by Emirates Palace worldwide,” he said, adding that h would continue to work with Emirates Palace through his new position.
Schroth said: “I am proud to be here in Abu Dhabi, particularly at this important and majestic place which presents Abu Dhabi as a major tourism destination.”
He said he would work to achieve the best results as a general manager of the hotel and to upgrade services in order to “satisfy all guests.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Mideast airlines top global traffic growth in Oct
- Travelport appoints online business head
- Saudi cargo plane veers off runway in Nigeria
- Gulf Air launches loyalty promotion
- Hala Abu Dhabi launches tours, safaris
- Kenya starts work on $654m airport project
- Gulf Air wins top eContent award
- Dubai fund ICD buys landmark Atlantis hotel
- Qatar Airways to launch Dallas/Fort Worth route
- Ritz-Carlton Bahrain appoints new sales chief