1st Dusit hotel set for Q4 opening in Doha
Bangkok, May 30, 2013
Leading Asian hospitality group Dusit International will launch its first branded property at West Bay, Doha in the last quarter of 2013.
The company’s second hotel property in the UAE and its fifth in the Middle East, the hotel is located in the heart of Doha’s diplomatic district overlooking the Doha Corniche. The building is in close proximity to malls, Doha Exhibition Centre and the upcoming Doha International Conference and Exhibition Centre.
“This announcement clearly demonstrates our commitment to expand the Dusit portfolio on a global basis, and our strategic plan to establish and strengthen our presence in key gateway cities, particularly within the Middle East,” said Dusit International regional director of Development - Europe, Middle East and Africa, Andrew Shaw.
“Qatar offers enormous potential and is a significant market for Dusit.
“This is an exceptional property which fits well into Dusit’s portfolio. The property will set new standards in terms of product quality and levels of service within the vicinity, and it’s positioned to meet the exacting requirements of today’s corporate and leisure traveller,” he added.
Dusit International is actively seeking luxury hotel and serviced residence management opportunities within the region, with a focus on Saudi Arabia, Bahrain and Oman, and to further solidify its presence within the UAE where it has been operating for over a decade, Shaw noted. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class