Emirates resumes services to Libya
Dubai, May 28, 2013
Emirates will restart passenger flights to Libya's capital Tripoli from September 1, a statement said.
It said that the flights to Tripoli - every Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday - will also make a stop in Malta.
Under the new schedule, Emirates’ flight EK745 will leave Dubai at 9:30 am arriving in Malta at 1:25 pm. The service will depart Malta 2:45pm arriving in Tripoli at 3:55 pm. The return flight will leave Tripoli International Airport at 5:25 pm and will land in Dubai at 1:00 am.
“The re-introduction of our flights to Tripoli is a further boost to north Africa, coming after the launch of Emirates’ daily service to Algiers from March 1,” said Jean Luc Grillet, senior vice president commercial operations for Africa.
“We have been closely monitoring the situation in Libya and feel that the time is right to re-launch our services, which will help to support business, international trade and passenger travel to and from Tripoli, as well as strengthening the country's overall infrastructure,” he added.
Emirates has also introduced a cargo service into Tripoli this month. Emirates’ cargo division transports a variety of goods into Tripoli ranging from electronic goods from the Far East to drilling equipment from the US.
Over the next six months, Emirates will launch a further four destinations: Haneda (Japan) on June 3, Stockholm (Sweden) on September 4, Clark (Philippines) on October 1, and Milan-New York on October 1, 2013, said a statement. - TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- GCC takes on the Caribbean in big cruise tourism war
- Etihad finace head wins top award
- Turkish Airlines boosts Africa network
- New Holiday Inn hotel opens in Mauritius
- Abu Dhabi Aviation to get latest Bell helicopter
- Gulf Hotels Group plans new spa complex
- Starwood joins hands with Bentley
- Air freight volumes to grow 17pc in 5 years
- DWC-Emaar in golf centre deal
- UAE group to open Seychelles resort