Jazeera to take delivery of new Airbus A320
Kuwait, May 26, 2013
Jazeera Airways Group will be taking delivery of its brand new Airbus A320 aircraft early next month besides two other aircraft which are scheduled for delivery in the fourth quarter and in 2014.
This will bring the Jazeera's Airbus 320 fleet strength to 13, said a statement from the Kuwait-based airline.
The company has already taken delivery of 12 Airbus A320s from the manufacturer’s A320 facility in Toulouse, France since 2005 out of an order of 15 aircraft of the same type. The company’s remaining two aircraft are scheduled for delivery in Q4 of 2013 and 2014.
The Airbus A320 is the world’s best-selling aircraft. There are over 5,500 A320 aircraft in operation by airlines across the world and over 3,900 aircraft scheduled for delivery over the coming years.
The A320 single-aisle jetliner family is the world’s most eco-efficient single-aisle product line. It is used in a full range of services from very short-haul airline routes to intercontinental segments, said the statement.
Jazeera is a Kuwait Stock Exchange-listed company with a fleet of 12 fully-owned Airbus A320s, distributed between its airline business, Jazeera Airways (six aircraft), and its fully-owned leasing-arm Sahaab Aircraft Leasing (six aircraft).
Sahaab has assets placed with Virgin America, SriLankan Airlines, Nasair and Jazeera Airways.
Jazeera operates its six fully-owned Airbus A320s with a two-class cabin comprising a Business Class and an Economy Class. Business Class travelers get both an upgraded experience and exclusivity, starting with exclusive check-in lines, business lounge access, up to 60 kilograms in free baggage allowance, and an exclusive on-board cabin.
The airline’s Economy Class offers travelers free baggage allowance of 40 kilograms and free on-board meals with a changing menu every month.
Jazeera is based in Kuwait and serves 19 popular destinations in the Middle East from Kuwait comprising high-demand business, leisure, family, and weekend destinations such as Dubai, Bahrain, Beirut, Alexandria, Amman, Istanbul, Sharm El Sheikh, Assiut, Luxor, Mashhad, Sohag, Jeddah, Riyadh, Cairo and Al Najaf.
Jazeera is an IATA-member airline and operates one of the youngest Airbus A320 fleets in the Middle East.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall
- Dubai hotels welcome 11m guests