Emirates to increase flights to Colombo
Dubai, May 22, 2013
Dubai-based Emirates, one of the world’s fastest growing airlines, will add three more flights per week to Colombo from June 30 to meet rising demand.
The additional services, which will operate between Dubai and Colombo on Mondays, Thursdays and Sundays, will increase the number of flights between the two cities to four each day on those days, and take the total number of weekly Emirates flights serving Colombo to 31.
The additional Dubai – Colombo flight EK 654 will depart Dubai at 0645 hrs and arrive in Colombo at 1245 hrs. The return flight, EK 655 will depart Colombo at 1410 hrs and arrive in Dubai at 1655 hrs.
“This increase in capacity to Colombo demonstrates Emirates’ continuing commitment to the destination” said Chandana de Silva, Emirates’ area manager for Sri Lanka and Maldives.
“The demand for seats to Colombo is increasing, and these additional flights will enable more people to visit the city whether to visit friends and family, for leisure or on business.”
The three new flights will be operated with Boeing 777-300ER aircraft in two class configuration, adding 126 Business Class and 1,158 Economy Class seats each way per week on the route, as well as 23 tonnes of additional capacity for cargo per flight. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad expands India operations
- UAE hotel group launches Abu Dhabi project
- Jordan passenger traffic up 14pc
- Self-service check-in soon at Kuwait airport
- Gulf Air launches flight to Al Maktoum airport
- Jazeera Airways tops on-time performance
- Jumeirah inks Oman luxury resort deal
- Ritz unveils big Qatar National Day offer
- Mideast airlines top global traffic growth in Oct
- Travelport appoints online business head