Kerzner signs Jeddah One&Only deal
Riyadh, May 20, 2013
Al Khozama Management Company, a top Saudi developer, has signed an agreement with Kerzner International Holdings, a major operator of luxury hotels, in partnership with Saudi Oger, to develop and operate a new One&Only resort in Jeddah.
The property will be strategically located in Obhur, north of Jeddah and will feature approximately 150 luxurious guest rooms, suites and villas, a One&Only residential component, world-class dining and retail options, plus a health spa.
The 95,000 sq m resort is located less than 30 minutes from King Abdulaziz International Airport and will have 230 metres of beachfront. This will be One&Only’s first resort in Saudi Arabia.
“I am thrilled we are able to partner with Al Khozama Management Company and Saudi Oger to develop this world-class destination. Jeddah is the perfect location for the first One&Only experience in Saudi Arabia,” said Alan Leibman, CEO, Kerzner International.
“The beachfront location is remarkable and I am very confident the resort will be well received by our many loyal One&Only guests and new guests alike.
Like all properties within the One&Only and Al Khozama collections, One&Only Jeddah will place an emphasis on privacy while evoking a ‘sense of place’, showcasing the country’s rich history and reflecting the local culture with a design appeal to attract the contemporary traveller seeking ultimate luxury.
As with all One&Only properties, this resort will offer innovative programming for families with children whilst carefully preserving space for adults only as well. Guests will also have access to a host of unique sporting and entertainment facilities on-site.
“Al Khozama is proud to be associated with Saudi Oger and Kerzner International. We are excited about this new development and its expected contribution to the continued growth of Jeddah in particular and that of the country’s hospitality sector in general,” said Prince Bandar bin Saud bin Khalid, chairman, Al Khozama Management Company.
“One&Only Resorts are found in the most beautiful locales in the world and this location is no exception. Coupled with the new experiences that One&Only will bring and the commanding position Al Khozama enjoys in the country for developing iconic properties, including the Al Faisaliah Complex in Riyadh, this resort will transform the hospitality offerings in Saudi Arabia.”
These seven properties of One&Only include the iconic One&Only Reethi Rah in the Maldives; One&Only Le Saint Géran in Mauritius; One&Only Royal Mirage in Dubai; One&Only Ocean Club in The Bahamas; One&Only Palmilla in Los Cabos, Mexico; One&Only Cape Town in South Africa and One&Only The Palm in Dubai.
One&Only has also announced plans to develop a resort in Sanya, China, as well as One&Only Montenegro, the first property for the collection in Europe. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador