Kuwait Airways in financing talks for Airbus order
Kuwait City, May 16, 2013
State-run Kuwait Airways is in talks with local and international banks over some of the financing for an order of 25 new Airbus aircraft it has agreed to acquire, its chairman said on Thursday.
"We are negotiating with Kuwaiti and international banks," chairman Sami al-Nisf told a news conference.
Earlier he had said his government has approved the order for 15 A320neo narrow-body jets and 10 of Airbus's new A350-XWB widebody aircraft plus an option for 10 more aircraft and the airline has signed a "letter of acceptance" with Airbus. – Reuters
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- UAE hotel group launches Abu Dhabi project
- Jordan passenger traffic up 14pc
- Self-service check-in soon at Kuwait airport
- Gulf Air launches flight to Al Maktoum airport
- Jazeera Airways tops on-time performance
- Jumeirah inks Oman luxury resort deal
- Ritz unveils big Qatar National Day offer
- Mideast airlines top global traffic growth in Oct
- Travelport appoints online business head
- Saudi cargo plane veers off runway in Nigeria