Transguard driver wins top honour
Dubai, May 15, 2013
Indian-national Raja Reddy Alluri from Transguard Group’s airside services team, has been recognised with the Safe Driver Award, at the recently-held Annual Dubai Airports Staff Safety Day Awards.
Alluri, who has worked as a tractor driver for four years with Transguard, works at the freight gate 2 at Dubai International Airport.
During that time he has had a zero accident rating and has safely avoided any airport driving permit (ADP) violations.
He has also recently won a Silver Najm Award from dnata cargo management for his excellent contribution towards safety at the airport, a statement from an official said.
“The award is a great personal success for Raja and is also testament to the work of Transguard’s IMS team and comes hard on the heels of our Overall Excellence in Safety: Contractor Award, which we received at the Dubai Airports Health Safety Environment Excellence Awards in March,” said John Nolan, deputy managing director of the Transguard Group.
The award ceremony was held to commemorate the 2013 World Day for Health & Safety at Work and recognise the number of safety events held at Dubai Airport.
The event took place at the Intercontinental Hotel in Dubai Festival City. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- GCC takes on the Caribbean in big cruise tourism war
- Etihad finace head wins top award
- Turkish Airlines boosts Africa network
- New Holiday Inn hotel opens in Mauritius
- Abu Dhabi Aviation to get latest Bell helicopter
- Gulf Hotels Group plans new spa complex
- Starwood joins hands with Bentley
- Air freight volumes to grow 17pc in 5 years
- DWC-Emaar in golf centre deal
- UAE group to open Seychelles resort