Transguard driver wins top honour
Dubai, May 15, 2013
Indian-national Raja Reddy Alluri from Transguard Group’s airside services team, has been recognised with the Safe Driver Award, at the recently-held Annual Dubai Airports Staff Safety Day Awards.
Alluri, who has worked as a tractor driver for four years with Transguard, works at the freight gate 2 at Dubai International Airport.
During that time he has had a zero accident rating and has safely avoided any airport driving permit (ADP) violations.
He has also recently won a Silver Najm Award from dnata cargo management for his excellent contribution towards safety at the airport, a statement from an official said.
“The award is a great personal success for Raja and is also testament to the work of Transguard’s IMS team and comes hard on the heels of our Overall Excellence in Safety: Contractor Award, which we received at the Dubai Airports Health Safety Environment Excellence Awards in March,” said John Nolan, deputy managing director of the Transguard Group.
The award ceremony was held to commemorate the 2013 World Day for Health & Safety at Work and recognise the number of safety events held at Dubai Airport.
The event took place at the Intercontinental Hotel in Dubai Festival City. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn