Millennium & Copthorne launch summer offer
Dubai, May 11, 2013
Millennium & Copthorne MEA has launched its summer 2013 campaign at the recently concluded Arabian Travel Market 2013 in Dubai.
The “Stamp Your Way This Summer”, which starts on May 15 and runs for three months until September 15, offers packages starting $69 per night, for either single or double occupancy.
This is the third summer promotional campaign that Millennium & Copthorne have undertaken, focusing on the GCC leisure market. The campaign was launched to capitalise on the increasing number of GCC residents that travel around the region to meet family and friends, attend cultural events and summer festivals.
“The offer is very straightforward and uncomplicated, which is what we know GCC leisure travellers prefer. Rates are subject to availability including all local taxes and service charges and applies to both single and double occupancy,” said Moine Kandil, vice president of operations.
The offer is available in all of the Millennium & Copthorne hotels throughout the GCC region including Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Doha, Amman, Kurdistan, Muscat and Kuwait City and comes at a time when inbound and inter GCC travel is experiencing strong growth.
In Kuwait for example according to Alpen’s October 2012 GCC Hospitality Industry Report, by 2015 the Gulf state hopes to welcome one million tourist arrivals per annum.
In Qatar, tourist arrivals are expected to rise at a compound average growth rate (CAGR) of 1.9 per cent between now and 2022, and the government’s $65 billion commitment to infrastructure development has proved to be a major incentive for long term investment by leading hospitality providers.
Tourist arrivals into Oman are expected to grow at a CAGR of 5.7 per cent, between 2012 and 2022 and the Ministry of Tourism aims to increase the GDP contribution of tourism from 2 per cent in 2011 to around 3.5 per cent in 2015. Occupancy rates are also expected to increase from 53 per cent in 2011 to 58.6 per cent by 2016,
Tourist arrivals in the UAE are forecast to grow at a CAGR of 5.3 per cent between 2012 and 2022.
“The GCC leisure market is one of our fastest growing guest segments. The summer period is traditionally a time when corporate travel declines and leisure increases especially family travel. This offer is designed to increase our share of that market, and our package has already been exceptionally well received at this year’s Arabian Travel Market,” added Kandil. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall
- Dubai hotels welcome 11m guests
- Wyndham signs for 4th hotel in Turkey
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- IFA Hotels unveils fresh brand identity
- Turkish Airlines launches Rotterdam flights
- RJ to operate Amman-Kuwait twice daily
- JCDecaux unveils digital screens at Dubai airport
- EU awaits surge in UAE corporate travellers