Maitha Al Mahrouqi
Salalah to host Arab Aviation & Media Summit
Dubai, May 9, 2013
Low-cost carrier Air Arabia announced that the third Arab Aviation and Media Summit will held under the patronage of Maitha Al Mahrouqi, Undersecretary of Oman’s Ministry of Tourism on June 2 and 3 in Salalah, Oman.
Hosted by Air Arabia in partnership with Oman’s Ministry of Tourism and Airbus, the theme of Arab Aviation and Media Summit 2013 is ‘Aviation and Tourism: Enabler of Economic Growth’.
In addition to assessing the impact of aviation and tourism on regional economic growth, the summit will focus on discussing the challenges and opportunities faced by the industry in the wider Arab world.
The two-day event will commence with a gala dinner hosted by Oman’s Ministry of Tourism, followed by a full day summit featuring a high profile panel of speakers and a wide network of editors and media from all over the Arab world, together debating Arab aviation and tourism. Last year, the event drew more than 150 participants and took place in Sharjah.
Al Mahrouqi said: “The Sultanate of Oman offers a lot when it comes to travel and tourism. Hosting the summit in Salalah demonstrates our commitment to developing tourism across the country. We are delighted to join with our partners to make this important and timely summit possible as a platform for a dialogue of ideas between industry participants and media.”
Adel A Ali, group chief executive officer of event organiser Air Arabia said, “The Arab world’s aviation and tourism industry has, over the years, demonstrated its significance to economic growth. Underscored by job creation and bilateral trade, the sector will continue to be regarded as a catalyst for economic activities.
“We are confident that by joining hands with Oman’s Ministry of Tourism, Airbus and fellow partners, the summit is uniquely positioned to meet the most pressing needs and capture future opportunities in this key sector.”
This year, the summit is eyeing increased regional and international participation through showcasing the rapid growth and development that the aviation and tourism sector is experiencing in Oman, the region and the wider Arab world. This summit is open for industry peers and media. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall