Domain Hotels to launch first Bahrain property
Dubai, May 8, 2013
The Domain Hotels has announced plans to launch its first property at the Diplomatic Area in Bahrain this September.
The 36-storey, 131-room property is designed to offer a "socially charged members club" with the added benefit of hotel rooms, the company officials said on the sidelines of the Arabian Travel Market in Dubai.
The Domain Bahrain is a part of the Chic and Unique Hotels Group - a new business division of the Al Matrook Group of Companies headed by Bahraini entrepreneur Faisal Al Matrook.
The concept is led by general manager Patrick de Groot, previously director of development for Dubai's Jumeirah Group.
"Developing a club and hotel concept and hotel brand from scratch is quite an extraordinary opportunity," De Groot said.
"It was truly borne out of passion of an amazing group of innovative hoteliers and a good dose of boredom with the products on the market."
The boutique property houses both luxury suites and rooms.
Facilities at The Domain Bahrain include Vie Spa and Vie Fitness, as well as 375 sqm of flexible meeting space. The hotel-club will have a total of nine restaurants and lounges.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall
- Dubai hotels welcome 11m guests
- Wyndham signs for 4th hotel in Turkey
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- IFA Hotels unveils fresh brand identity