Domain Hotels to launch first Bahrain property
Dubai, May 8, 2013
The Domain Hotels has announced plans to launch its first property at the Diplomatic Area in Bahrain this September.
The 36-storey, 131-room property is designed to offer a "socially charged members club" with the added benefit of hotel rooms, the company officials said on the sidelines of the Arabian Travel Market in Dubai.
The Domain Bahrain is a part of the Chic and Unique Hotels Group - a new business division of the Al Matrook Group of Companies headed by Bahraini entrepreneur Faisal Al Matrook.
The concept is led by general manager Patrick de Groot, previously director of development for Dubai's Jumeirah Group.
"Developing a club and hotel concept and hotel brand from scratch is quite an extraordinary opportunity," De Groot said.
"It was truly borne out of passion of an amazing group of innovative hoteliers and a good dose of boredom with the products on the market."
The boutique property houses both luxury suites and rooms.
Facilities at The Domain Bahrain include Vie Spa and Vie Fitness, as well as 375 sqm of flexible meeting space. The hotel-club will have a total of nine restaurants and lounges.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Qatar Airways to launch Dallas/Fort Worth route
- Ritz-Carlton Bahrain appoints new sales chief
- Best Western opens in Thailand
- Emirates launches Kabul route
- Ayla appoints new HR director
- Cavotec to showcase new GSE at Kuwait forum
- Flynas to launch Madinah hub
- Kuwait Airways may issue bonds to fund Airbus deal
- Emirates launches longest A380 flight
- Abu Dhabi hotels see guest nights soar 26pc