Oman Air named ME’s top economy class
Dubai, May 7, 2013
Oman Air, the national carrier of the Sultanate, has been announced as the winner of the ’Middle East’s Leading Airline Economy Class’ category at the recently World Travel Awards (WTA) 2013 in Dubai.
The awards, which recognise the commitment to excellence the airline has demonstrated over the last 12 months, are voted for by travel and tourism professionals worldwide.
Oman Air’s chief executive officer Wayne Pearce attended the spectacular ceremony held at Le Royal Meridien Beach Resort and Spa, where he was joined by many international leaders of the aviation industry, international media and a host of other VIPs.
“Oman Air is honoured to have won the award in this highly competitive category, and against such worthy competitors on the eve of the launch of Arabian Travel Market,” said Pearce.
“When Oman Air unveiled its new Airbus A330 Economy, Business and First Class cabins in 2009, we ensured that each cabin, including economy, offered fantastic comfort, space and in-flight entertainment, with audio video on demand and live satellite TV.
“These levels of comfort and amenity were mirrored aboard our fleet of Embraer E175 regional jets and are perfectly complemented by our medium-haul Boeing B737 economy class service.
“With delicious complimentary food and drinks served on board, we can ensure that all our economy class customers can simply sit back and enjoy their journey with Oman Air and make the most of the tremendous facilities available on board,” he added.
Oman Air recently unveiled new aircraft interiors – including its A330 business class seat, named as the World’s Best at the Skytrax 2012 World Airline Awards - and state-of-the-art in-flight entertainment systems. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall
- Dubai hotels welcome 11m guests
- Wyndham signs for 4th hotel in Turkey
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- IFA Hotels unveils fresh brand identity
- Turkish Airlines launches Rotterdam flights
- RJ to operate Amman-Kuwait twice daily
- JCDecaux unveils digital screens at Dubai airport
- EU awaits surge in UAE corporate travellers