Dubai launches summer holiday campaign
Dubai, May 6, 2013
Dubai recently announced the launch of its regional marketing and promotional summer campaign, which will highlight the emirate’s Dubai’s uniqueness as a family destination.
Launched under the slogan “Summer is Dubai”, the campaign will run from June 7 to September 7.
Helal Saeed Almarri, director-general, Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing (DTCM) said: “The objective of ‘Summer is Dubai’ is to demonstrate to residents and visitors from around the world the extensive leisure and tourism offer of Dubai, showcasing the city as a summer destination that offers more than any comparable city in terms of the scope of its events, world class infrastructure, hassle free entry to the country and ease of transportation”.
“With its air conditioned hotels, transportation facilities, shopping malls, water parks, climate controlled indoor entertainment and even indoor skiing, the city has been designed to ensure that visitors have the most fulfilling vacation experience compared to many other summer destinations,” he added.
The “Summer is Dubai” campaign aims to attract millions of visitors to the emirate during an eventful three month period ending September 7 featuring the festivities, special occasions and celebrations that are a feature of Dubai’s annual summer season including Dubai Summer Surprises and Modhesh World, and a number of other events, before the season moves into Ramadan in Dubai and finally Eid in Dubai.
“Summer is Dubai” will offer many promotions and value for money offers. For example, leading hotels in Dubai will reward families who check in for a minimum three-night stay with an unbeatable offer that gives a maximum of two children under the age of 12 the opportunity to stay at the hotel for free, including complimentary breakfast, lunch and dinner.
“Summer is Dubai” is being launched through a series of digital marketing initiatives. A new website has been created for this campaign, summerisdubai.com, while a Facebook competition will encourage people to give their own interpretation of what summer means to them with the chance to win a trip to Dubai.
The first phase of the “Summer is Dubai” campaign will be Dubai Summer Surprises, an iconic festival that offers the perfect blend of great shopping bargains and fun-packed family “edutainment”, followed by Ramadan in Dubai, a period that offers visitors the opportunity to absorb and experience the spiritual and serene ambience in Dubai during this important month in the Islamic calendar.
The campaign’s third phase will be Eid in Dubai featuring diversified festivities that will bring together the different cultural backgrounds of Dubai’s visitors and residents, as they celebrate together in harmony.
Across the peak summer season, Modhesh World, one of the region’s largest indoor entertainment venues, will be open from June 20 to August 28, giving added impetus to the campaign. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class