The Regency introduces new pianist
Kuwait City, May 2, 2013
The Regency has announced the arrival of Katalin Zsubrits, a professional pianist from Sopron in western Hungary, who will provide classical accompaniment in the elegant white marble Al Liwan lounge each evening.
Zsubrits comes with stellar credentials having gained her diploma in piano performance and piano teaching from the prestigious Royal Academy of Music in London, England, where she is currently finishing her masters, a statement from the hotel said.
She will play lyrical melodies, carefully choosing pieces that suit the acoustics of the atrium. Her favourite composers include Debusssy, Chopin, Liszt, Brahms and Rachmaninov, she also favours more modern composers like George and Ira Gershwin.
Zsubrits’ classical piano has been a hit on the popular website YouTube where over 250,000 listeners have enjoyed her rendition of ‘Love Dream’ by Franz Lizst, the statement said.
Al Liwan serves a wide variety of hot and cold snacks, homemade desserts and cakes, in addition to refreshments. The Regency’s celebrated high tea is served daily from 5pm to 8pm with premium leaf teas by Gryphon, exclusive to the hotel.
Zsubrits will play from Tuesday through Saturday from 8pm to 11pm. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn