Etihad, LinkedIn unveil mapping tool
Abu Dhabi, April 29, 2013
UAE national airline Etihad Airways, has launched an innovative online mapping tool developed in cooperation with LinkedIn, to make it easier to message new contacts, arrange meetings and be more productive while travelling.
The ‘Etihad Mapped-Out’ tool is available at www.etihadmappedout.com and offers professionals on LinkedIn the ability to search their connections by geographical location and see them displayed on a map making it easier for business travellers to connect with their global network of contacts as they travel.
LinkedIn members can enter search parameters based on geographical area, industries of interest, and first- and/or second-degree connections.
The result of the search is a personalised map of the member’s LinkedIn connections, with a listing of business contacts within the region. Members can also reach their contacts instantly by sending messages directly from the contact list.
Peter Baumgartner, Etihad Airways’ chief commercial officer, said: “As a global airline, Etihad Airways connects points and people from across the globe, so our Etihad Mapped-Out tool which taps into LinkedIn’s global audience of over 200 million is an extension of that mission.”
“This tool is particularly useful for our guests travelling for business. Ahead of a business trip, the guest can use this tool to see not only his or her immediate contacts in the region, but also second-degree contacts. This fosters more effective networking and greater opportunity to create connections across international boundaries.”
“We are always looking for ways to enable our guests to get more out of their travel experience. For business travellers, the world just got a bit smaller,” he said.
Fredrik Bernsel, sales director for EMEA and Latam partners at LinkedIn, said: “A good network of contacts is essential for business success and this innovative initiative from Etihad Airways using LinkedIn’s APIs enables Etihad’s customers to easily connect with their LinkedIn network while travelling, making it even simpler to get business done and be productive.”
The Etihad Mapped-Out tool is available exclusively to members of LinkedIn. The tool also allows users to superimpose an Etihad Airways’ route map, displaying all passenger destinations served by the airline. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn