Mövenpick Tala Bay names new GM
Tala Bay, Jordan, April 28, 2013
Mövenpick Resort & Spa Tala Bay has appointed Beat Peter as its new general manager.
With around 20 years of experience in the hotel industry, Peter assumed his duties on April 23, this being his sixth senior management posting.
“I am truly excited about working with my new team of so many different nationalities. I look forward to build on existing successes and going on to the next level,” said Peter, who is fluent in English, French and German.
Not new to the Mövenpick chain, Peter arrives in Aqaba from Kuwait where he was general manager at Mövenpick Hotel Kuwait. He previously worked in several countries including Dubai, the Ajman and Switzerland.
A graduate of the Swiss Hotel Management School in Luzern Switzerland, the Swiss national has worked his way up the ladder in the hospitality industry having headed several departments including sales and marketing as well as the front office.
He brings with him his family with two sons and says that both he and his wife look forward to live in the sunny and family- friendly- resort.
“We look forward to live in Aqaba and getting to know the local community and visitors. This is indeed a beautiful property with its vast pools, extensive recreational facilities and outstanding spa,” said Peter. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Iata cuts global airline profit forecast to $18.7bn
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China