Mövenpick Tala Bay names new GM
Tala Bay, Jordan, April 28, 2013
Mövenpick Resort & Spa Tala Bay has appointed Beat Peter as its new general manager.
With around 20 years of experience in the hotel industry, Peter assumed his duties on April 23, this being his sixth senior management posting.
“I am truly excited about working with my new team of so many different nationalities. I look forward to build on existing successes and going on to the next level,” said Peter, who is fluent in English, French and German.
Not new to the Mövenpick chain, Peter arrives in Aqaba from Kuwait where he was general manager at Mövenpick Hotel Kuwait. He previously worked in several countries including Dubai, the Ajman and Switzerland.
A graduate of the Swiss Hotel Management School in Luzern Switzerland, the Swiss national has worked his way up the ladder in the hospitality industry having headed several departments including sales and marketing as well as the front office.
He brings with him his family with two sons and says that both he and his wife look forward to live in the sunny and family- friendly- resort.
“We look forward to live in Aqaba and getting to know the local community and visitors. This is indeed a beautiful property with its vast pools, extensive recreational facilities and outstanding spa,” said Peter. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Air Arabia launches all new website
- Abu Dhabi plans permanent cruise terminal
- Mideast to top global air passenger demand
- Britain eases visas rules for Emiratis
- Travelport-Hertz workshops update travel firms
- Airbus confirms $4.4bn Kuwait Airways order
- Emirates names key commercial ops official
- Bahrain airport parking is streamlined
- Etihad announces new appointments
- Etihad expands India operations