Emirates offers online map to help plan travel
Dubai, April 21, 2013
Emirates, the Dubai-based airline, has launched a new interactive online map on its website that allows passengers to explore the Emirates network and find their dream holiday.
The new ‘Inspire Me’ feature on the Emirates website, emirates.com, enables passengers to search for holidays ideas based on their personal preferences.
Be it a holiday for one, family travel, or a group of friends, the Inspire Me application can accommodate every traveller’s need from beach-side resorts, historical journeys, indulgent shopping sprees or escapes into nature, a statement said.
The tool is accessible for travellers from any origin point on the Emirates network, it added.
Displayed in an easy-to-navigate graphical map, the Inspire Me also has scroll bars embedded so that visitors to the site can easily adjust their criteria as they explore their travel options.
In addition to helping people choose their type of holiday, Inspire Me then provides extra details on each suggested destination including flights, date, region of the world, climate, travel time, and, unique to Emirates,’ real-time prices. Destination information is also available including suggested activities and local info – allowing passengers to discover new places and sites they had never considered before.
“As it has grown, Emirates has naturally fallen into the role of connecting people from around the world. Our passenger look to Emirates to not only bring them together with distant family and friends but, as our destinations have grown, also as a way to explore the wonders of the world; dreaming bigger and further,” said Bob Kabli, vice president e-Commerce and Mobile.
“Our new Inspire Me tool is our way of bringing our passengers closer to their dream holidays, whatever their interests, budgets or preferred travel style may be. Available on emirates.com, Inspire Me represents one of the world’s first truly-global inspirational tool,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall
- Dubai hotels welcome 11m guests
- Wyndham signs for 4th hotel in Turkey
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- IFA Hotels unveils fresh brand identity