Etihad loyalty programme unveils new benefits
Abu Dhabi, April 17, 2013
Etihad Guest, the loyalty programme of UAE national carrier Etihad Airways, has unveiled a range of new benefits for holders of its Gold Elite membership.
The new benefits include an increase in tier bonus miles from 50 per cent to 75 per cent as well as a complimentary nomination to Etihad Guest Gold for any other member of their choosing.
In addition, regardless of the cabin they are flying in, Etihad Guest Gold Elite members now have access to Etihad Airways’ Diamond First Class Lounges for them and a companion as well as access to Diamond First Class check-in.
Gold Elite members are also guaranteed to be able to purchase a Pearl Business Class seat, when booking at least 48 hours prior to departure, on an Etihad Airways operated flight for their chosen date and destination.
Barry Green, Etihad Airways’ vice president Customer Relationship Management and Loyalty, said: “Etihad Guest is renowned as the world’s leading loyalty program and so we are always looking at new and exciting enhancements for our members.
“The new Etihad Guest Gold Elite member benefits, with 75 per cent tier bonus miles and Guaranteed Pearl Business Class seat, ensure that our elite offering continues to set the highest benchmark across the industry.”
The impressive new benefits were announced at an event hosted for Etihad Guest Gold Elite members in conjunction with Jumeirah at Etihad Towers in Abu Dhabi, to unveil the opening of the new “Observation Deck at 300” at the hotel.
The Etihad Guest program was launched in 2006 and in the next few months is expected to reach two million members.
The Etihad Guest Gold Elite tier level is the top frequent flyer recognition of the Etihad Guest programme and can only be attained by earning the required status miles; it is not issued at discretion by Etihad Airways under any circumstances, a statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn