Moevenpick to promote 10 new projects at ATM
Dubai, April 11, 2013
Moevenpick Hotels & Resorts, the upscale hotel company of Swiss heritage, will showcase its 10 new properties set to open within the next 12 months at the upcoming travel expo Arabian Travel Market in Dubai.
“We presently have over 30 projects under development worldwide with ten properties set to open within the next 12 months in the UAE, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Morocco, Thailand, the Philippines and China,” said Andreas Mattmüller, chief operating officer Middle East and Asia for Moevenpick.
“Promoting these future and current properties remains crucially important and solidifying our association with Reed and the Arabian Travel Market gives us access to key international partners on the travel and tourism scene with who we share business interests.”
The 20th Arabian Travel Market is running from May 6 to 9 at the Dubai International Convention & Exhibition Centre.
“ATM is pleased to partner with the Moevenpick brand for our 20th anniversary for the second year, during which the hotels can showcase their facilities and service levels to an influential group of travel professionals attending the show,” said Mark Walsh, portfolio director for event organiser Reed Travel Exhibitions.
While special emphasis will be placed on the recently opened Moevenpick Hotel Apartments The Square, there will also be a press breakfast to celebrate the upcoming opening of Moevenpick Hotel Jumeirah Lakes Towers, the company’s sixth Dubai property offering 168 rooms and 307 apartments.
Moevenpick Hotel & Spa Oceana will eventually become the seventh hotel when it opens on The Palm Jumeirah.
The group will also mark a total of ten hotels in Saudi Arabia when Moevenpick Hotel Riyadh opens in Q1 2014 with 433 rooms and suites, four speciality restaurants, 14 conference rooms and a ballroom for 1,200 guests.
During the last few months the company opened its first property in Paris and extended its portfolio in Africa with properties in Sharm el Sheikh and Hurghada. The hospitality company aims to operate 100 hotels by 2015, according to a statement.
A total of 30 Moevenpick Hotels & Resorts will be participating in ATM this year, making it the largest gathering of the company’s properties in any exhibition.
The company will also promote its global Summer Savings offers with discounts of up to 30 per cent in over 75 hotels across all regions. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall
- Dubai hotels welcome 11m guests
- Wyndham signs for 4th hotel in Turkey
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- IFA Hotels unveils fresh brand identity
- Turkish Airlines launches Rotterdam flights
- RJ to operate Amman-Kuwait twice daily
- JCDecaux unveils digital screens at Dubai airport
- EU awaits surge in UAE corporate travellers